Thursday, May 9, 2013

Meal Planning May 13 - 18

I didn't meal plan for this week (WHAT?!) thanks to a weekend of migraines, and an unwillingness to go to the grocery store and, you know, spend money. But NOT meal planning does not actually help you save money. This week I was saved by a very generous friend who rode over on her motorbike on Monday and pulled out a pot pie and a lasagna from her backpack for me (a neat party trick, I think). Anyway, I sat down tonight intent on making up my meal plan before the weekend starts so that whenever I get a chance to grab groceries this weekend, I can with my list prepared and my head full of yummy meals.
So here are my meals for this week, based on what's on sale this week:
Hamburgers
Oven Fried Chicken
Shrimp Scampi
Homemade Cream of Broccoli soup with Salad
Stuffed Pork Tenderloin with roasted apples

The best part? The most expensive meal is, I believe, $5, to feed my whole family. I don't buy meat over $3/lbs as a general rule.

I'm excited!

Mrs. VanderLeek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!