Monday, June 25, 2012

Cutsie-pie Party Foods?

While I had intended today to be set aside for accomplishing a load of household chores and perhaps some baking that I've been meaning to do for a while, I find it hard to get up out of my chair. Perhaps it's because it's the first day in a long while that I haven't had to rush out of the house to get somewhere, but I'll get out of my chair, throw in a load of laundry and then... I always end up back in my comfy little perch.
However, since I do have a lot that I need to accomplish this week, and my time is actually running low already for some of those tasks, I'm still trying to be productive, even while I sit on my caboose.

How does one do that? PINTEREST!

It's true, Pinterest can be a huge time-waster if you let it. However, it is the number one source that I turn to for meal planning, house keeping, crafting and party ideas right now, and given that a large portion of my life is consumed by such things, that makes it one of the best resources I've ever had the good luck to stumble upon.

For this particular instance, I am using it to plan the food for my Stella and Dot party on Thursday. Given that it's an uber-girly party (I mean, come on, it's jewelry), I've opted to make girly, dainty food! I already mentioned the pulled pork sliders I'm going to make, and while a beer-soaked, smokey pork recipe wouldn't exactly represent the dainty motif, I think I can get away with a slightly-sweet, hawaiian pulled pork recipe with avocado and pineapple slices to keep it more girly than not!

Next I think I'll have little almond tuilles. These delicate lace cookies are a breeze to make and so so so adorable. And did I mention addictive? Really - Matt can eat a whole batch in one sitting (if I weren't standing over him saying 'That's enough already!) The recipe I use is in the Pampered Chef cookbook Cooking for Two or More and they actually use their recipe to make tuille towers to wrap around ice cream. I just lay my little tuille circles flat and roll them up! I may or may not also do espresso shots in sugar-rimmed glasses - we'll see who shows up...



Next I think I'll do inverted coconut cream pie shots, with the cream in the cup, crushed graham wafer on top and toasted coconut flakes to garnish! I ADORE Coconut Cream pie - it's my absolute favorite - so maybe I'm a bit biased when I say I expect these to be a big hit, but I really think they will be!

Lastly (unless I decide to do a dip as well) I'll be serving Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Fries! I'll serve them with a marinara dipping sauce and I think they'll be quite yummy!

I think that's all for now, but if I have any more brainwaves I'll be sure to post!

Mrs. VanderLeek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!