Monday, April 2, 2012

Eggs and Onions

Easter is coming people!!! Are you ready?????

I'm not!

I've actually been so caught up in day-to-day life that I haven't made chocolates, dyed eggs, decorated my house or anything like that! I hope to catch up to my normal standards during this week.
For starters, I blew out my eggs today for dying, or possibly for filling the chocolate - I haven't decided yet. My family has long done egg-blowing and I have many fond memories, and a couple memories of squeezing the eggs too hard and having them explode on my lap... but it hardly feels like Easter without blowing eggs. If I do decide to dye these ones, I plan to store them and keep them as annual Easter decorations - however I'm sure I'll still blow eggs out every year!
While blowing eggs is my prefered method, I will also be decorating hard-boiled eggs with Gabriel this year. There's simply no sense in trying to tell a 2 year old not to squeeze the hollowed-out egg shell too tightly! I've seen lots of egg decorating tutorials, like this KoolAid one, or this Marbelized Egg one, that I might try with Gabe. And, someone out there is a genius, and came up with a glow-in-the-dark Easter Egg hunt, which we will be doing with Gabe as well!

On a new subject, I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but the other day I decided to try regrowing green onions from the bottom portion I cut off when cooking with them. I had seen this somewhere (okay, on Pinterest), and decided to give it a try... IT WORKS PEOPLE! I put the white ends of my onions in a jar with some wet paper towl on the day I made my Teriyaki Meatball Bowls (March 27th according to my blog) and now, not even a week later, they're huge! One is ready to eat now and the others will be ready by next week! I am never buying green onions again!!!

What, with all the blown out eggs and the rapidly growing onions, me thinks some quiche making may be in order! Quiche and a salad for dinner to use up my croutons that I made last week? And since my hubby just called to say he was coming home for a late lunch, I think I'm going to whip up some tuna melts to use up a loaf of french bread I bought yesterday!

Toodle-oo!

Mrs. VanderLeek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!