Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sickly week

I have been sick! Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick!
It's been the kind of sick where I can barely open my eyes in the morning, and I can barely drag myself to the couch where I remain for the rest of the day. Fever, sore throat, headache, body aches... sick. I had a fever every day since last Monday until today. My throat is still sore! And now my kids have it. UGH.
As a result of being so sick for so long, I am sadly behind at life. Fortunately I had intended on taking last week slow and having a bit of a break prior to March, but unfortunately I did not anticipate that 'break' being plague-infested. What I had intended to be a week of reading, cleaning and baking was actually a week of watching 'Bones' on Netflix and, well, very little else.
This coming week will be a big change. I'm bookkeeping for a friend's company and I had put aside taxes until March, but I've now hit the time when I said I would do his taxes. I anticipate about three straight days of work to get all of his papers organized, entered onto spreadsheets and ready for the accountant. Then once I've finished his taxes I've got to do ours, which is at least two days of sorting and such. On top of that, I have a major meeting this week with the non-profit organization that I do event planning for. We had planned to run an event at the beginning of May but due to conflicting schedules for people that would have been involved, we may be changing the event, which would mean a lot of work crammed into a little amount of time.
Besides those obligations I also have my new volunteer roles in the church to help out with. I'm hoping to have a new Sunday School Curriculum drafted within the next two weeks... except I have no idea what to do!
Then there are lesser tasks, which no one really cares about but myself; I have to repot my beans and peas (which in the course of two weeks have grown to about 10") and I have to plant some new seeds that I picked up today (Bells of Ireland, Tawny Port Peppers, and Striped Cherry Tomatoes).
And, of course, cleaning. Of course.
I'm actually most looking forward to my planting. Those stupid peas and beans that I started early are ginormous. I'm going to be picking beans by the middle of April, but since there's still snow on the ground, I've got to have them inside. My house is going to be overrun by plants, but I love that thought! I'm not sure if it's because I was too tired to eat all week or what, but I'm craving fruit and veggies like mad. The local grocery flyer was advertising new produce and I was stupid excited. My house is filled with kiwis, pineapples, bananas, grapefruits and even coconuts. Later this week I'm going to buy asparagus, leeks, artichokes, green beans and anything else that I can get my hands on. I can't wait for summer so I can buy peaches and plums and cherries!
Okay, I'm getting really hungry. I'm going to go eat a banana.

Mrs. VanderLeek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!