Monday, June 7, 2010

Fun Weekend

What a great weekend! It was a long weekend for us too! Matt took Friday off of work so that we could get to Calgary in time for his Men's Conference. Before we left town we picked up the fish for the hospital and got their fish tank set up there. From there we hit Timmy's and hit the road! We got to Calgary around 2 and didn't have anywhere to be until 4 so we went shopping! We went to the Le Chateau Outlet and man, I love that place. I needed to get some new jeans and I've had troubles finding jeans that fit me well, but their jeans fit me perfectly. Plus, they were only $20, marked down from $80. I also got a cute white blouse for $20 too (regular $50). Matt got a pair of jeans too for $20. I'll have to go back there next month to get a dress for my cousin's wedding at the end of July. I don't think I'm going to buy clothes anywhere other than there from now on :)
Matt had a great time at the conference on Friday night and then we were up at 6 Saturday morning because he was so excited about going back to the conference. I dropped him off then hung out with my sister a bit before we went to my grandparents' for lunch. After lunch we went to a PartyLite party, and I bought things! I flipped through their whole June Catalogue and didn't see anything I really wanted so I figured I'd just get some scented tealights. Well then I flipped through their small Summer booklet and saw 4 things I wanted to get! I settled with two - one was a driftwood looking candle holder that's totally gorgeous. The other thing I got was a present for my mother-in-law! Her birthday isn't until late Fall but it was just one of those things that totally reminded me of her. After the party I dropped off Gabe at my sister's, picked up Matt and then we went and picked up Peter's for dinner! mmmmmmm... It had been about 9 years since I had Peter's. I think was only the third time that I had it. I got a chocolate strawberry milkshake... yum! After dinner we went down South to see my cousins! We hung out with them for a while before going to see my cousin's new house - which was gorgeous by the way! Once we had gone through every room twice (really, gorgeous!) Matt and I headed back up to my sister's place. She wasn't feeling great. We were supposed to stay at home Sunday morning and watch our niece so that my sister could sing in the worship team at church but since she was sick she was going to stay home from church so we didn't need to babysit. So Matt and I decided at 11:00 Saturday night to drive home! We wanted to go to our church and to sleep in our own bed. So, by 11:30 we were packed and leaving Calgary. We got home just before 1. Poor Gabe slept most of the way home (he had a weird nap day already...) so he didn't even wake up when we took him out of the car and put him in bed. Sunday we woke up a little late so we missed a bunch of church - we got there just as the sermon was beginning. That evening we hung out with my parents and talked alot about our plans for our vacation in Canmore! While I was over there I made my weekly to do list. Today my list said that I had to do a butt load of laundry, make my Amish Friendship loaf and clean the basement. Right after Gabe had breakfast I made up the loaf (using butterscotch pudding instead of vanilla and I added some butterscotch chips too!) and now I've got the laundry going. My sister-in-law is housesitting for us next week so we've got to make sure the house is clean!
Well, Gabe just fell asleep so I'd best tackle the cleaning portion of my list.

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)
Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!