Friday, May 7, 2010

Perm

Oh what a day. It's almost 6 and it feels like it should only be noon. When I woke up this morning feeling very sick, little did I know that my husband was feeling even worse than I was. I didn't even get out of bed until 11. When I finally got up and finished feeding and dressing Gabe I called my hair dresser to see if I could get in for a perm today. I permed my hair once 3 years ago and I loved it. It was so easy to take care of. Well, my hair dresser couldn't do it so I tried one more place before I gave up. They had an opening. The reason I wanted to get it done today is because my mom was off work and was available to take Gabe. So I called her up, let her know I'd be over soon to drop him off and I rushed to get myself ready. I showed up for my hair appointment at 1:00 - and at 4:00 I finally left. 3 flipping hours for a perm! I mean, I know I have thick hair and all but REALLY. They had an apprentice do my hair so that was part of the reason it was slow. Also, they did a different perm than I asked for. I wanted a spiral and they gave me a wave. Fantastic. That was money well spent. Then I went to pick up Gabe from my mom's but he wasn't ready to go when I was. So now it's 6:00, I've only been home for about half an hour and I have gotten nothing done all day. What a waste. Plus I still feel like poop.
Tomorrow I have a friend from High School coming over for coffee so I really should clean the house tonight but all I really feel like doing is laying in bed, watching Friends on our portable DVD player. Of course, I still need to eat at some point but I guess I have leftover taco meat from last night that I could just whip up a salad with. Poor Matt is feeling so gross that all he wants is chicken noodle soup.
Overall I think this was one day that we could have done without. Yah it was nice to be able to get a perm, but even that didn't work out well. It's like when you go to get a massage and the masseuse sucks or is creepy.
Well, I think I need to go cuddle up with my hubby. Maybe my evening can be salvaged.

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

1 comment:

  1. What? No Pictures? By the way your son is addicted to TV and Stevie Wonder :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!