Thursday, May 20, 2010

No sleep.

Last night was awful sleepwise. First off, I wasn't tired when we went to bed so it took me over an hour to fall asleep. Then the thunder started. It wasn't super loud but our window was open. It actually sounded quite beautiful with the rain hitting the bag of popcans that we have on our deck. I looked at the clock and it was only 2... I was kinda hoping it would be 5 so I could justify getting up. I was just about asleep again when Matt jerked up and almost jumped completely out of bed. I thought he heard someone in the house but he apparently just heard water dripping... yah, I dunno. So now it's 3 and I'm just about asleep again... and Gabe wakes up. Ugh. I finally got him to go to sleep and I finally fell back asleep around 3:45. I had wanted to go running at 6 a.m. and was actually excited that it was going to be raining, but since I'd only had about 4 hours of sleep at the point I opted against it.
This morning I realized I was out of Gabe's favorite fruits so I fed him a quick breakfast and got us ready and then we went to the grocery store. I got lots of fruits and veggies but when I went to look for fish sauce, they didn't have any. I definately live in Alberta. I came home and it took me so long to get ready and to finally finish shopping that it was time for Gabe's lunch when we finally got in - and I still hadn't had breakfast. Well, I gave Gabe his lunch and finally settled down to eat some food myself - and he decided he wanted my lunch. He ate my banana! He'd just eaten a whole one himself! The little piggy.
While I was at the store I picked up some red cabbage and mango to make some mango slaw for this weekend. I'm not really a fan of mango but my sister is coming to town this weekend and I think she'd really like it.
I've been given a mission by my husband to make a lemon pie for him. Not lemon meringue... he wants it to be basically an apple pie but with a lemon filling. He really likes lemon apparently. And he really likes pie crust.
Well, this weather has me achy. I need tea.

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

1 comment:

  1. The hubby and I have been looking for fish sauce as well, with no success. It can be substituted with equal parts lime juice and soy sauce. It's not the same, but it's something.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!