Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Part deux

Two posts in one day! Man... I can't believe it's still today... Well anyway, I mentioned how Matt and I had meetings to attend tonight. We both went and came back with much success. My meeting only lasted an hour (silly me, I was hoping I would get a chance to eat! HA) but after the official meeting ended three of us continued to chat about the event for another hour after that. I, or rather my business, Meticulous Event Planning, am/is volunteering my/our services to a Haiti benefit dinner called Help For Haiti. Champagne reception, five course meal, silent auction, live music... As the official event planner I really want it to go off well. That, and we're hoping to raise $25,000 for Haiti in that one evening. Well, I volunteered for a number of things that will keep me fairly busy for a while but most of which I can actually do from home (which is why I'm in this field) and the few things I can't do from home I can do on a Saturday - such as going in and talking to different business owners. The meeting really did go well though and I'm excited for the actual event. I'm also tired.
Matt's meeting went well too. His was more casual though. And he got to eat.
Gabe had the most fun evidently. He went swimming with his Gran and Papa and apparently crawled through some fountain without flinching, face planted in the water and just pushed himself up and kept playing and tried to grab the water streams in the shower. He also had two fake naps today. By fake naps I mean that he falls asleep briefly, say 4 or 5 minutes, and then something happens that wakes him up and he feels just as refreshed for the next 4 hours as he would if he had an hour nap. Normally he has three naps a day and if one of those is a fake nap he'll sleep really well that night. Well, he only had one real nap early this morning and two fake naps since... he didn't even make it home awake. :) Such a little cutie...
Okay, well my head is starting to hurt and my chicken burger that I picked up from Dairy Queen on the ride home is finally filling my stomach so it just may be time for bed. I hope Cash agrees...

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!