Saturday, February 27, 2010

Ow.

I slipped! Stupid ice! I was just getting out of my car and walking around it to get Gabe out of his car seat when I totally biffed it! I fell right on my hip... and then I still had to climb into the back seat to get Gabe out! And my butt hurts! I'm not even sure it will bruise my hip, but it feels like I jarred my tailbone! Stupid ice!
Anyway. That was my rant. I hope you enjoyed it.
Today wasn't really a bad day - just that fall sucked. Today was actually quite a nice day. We slept in this morning because we've been super tired all week and Matt's feeling sick. When we finally got up we had some of the banana bread that I made last night (mmmm) and then we went shopping. Not conventional shopping either. First we went to a bike shop in town and checked out leathers for Matt. (Incidentally, he's actually going to buy them online from www.Motostrano.com. They've got an awesome Alpinestar selection) Then we stopped off at a liquor store and picked up a bottle of our favorite sparkling wine - Beni de Batasiolo's Bosc Mascato D'Asti - It's hard to find, but sooooo worth it! After that we went to Glenn's Family Restaurant for some tea. They have a huge selection of loose leaf teas and they have one in particular that is a huge hit in our household. Cream Earl Grey. It is fantastic! Matt's a huge Earl Grey fan and the "cream" part is great. We also tried the Dutch Licorice Rooibos tea and the Vanilla Chai Black Tea. Both were nice. The chai tasted more of Rooibos than chai. The Licorice I'd say the same about, but it had a nice licorice undertone still.
When we got home Matt had a nap while I went over to his parents' place and hung out there for the evening. I got to see my sister-in-law and her husband (brother-in-law x2? I don't know. He's just Andrew) They live in another city so we don't get to see them as often as we'd like (and my sister-in-law doesn't get to see Gabe as often as she'd like). My in-laws had an older gentleman over for dinner too and he was a really nice guy; very interesting. We watched the curling game with him and later I watched him and my father-in-law play crib. Then I came home and slipped.
Stupid ice!
Now, I could post my banana bread recipe (best in the world, I swear) but the recipe is all the way upstairs and I'm holding my baby, so it makes things rather complicated. I remember some of it... 1/4 c. margarine, 2 eggs, 3 bananas... something about lemon juice... unfortunately, you'll have to wait for another day for that recipe.
Oh and kudos to the Canadian Men's Curling team! Fantastic win!
That's all for today! Tomorrow Matt and I are volunteering at a sportsman's show, so we've gotta get to bed!

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!