Thursday, January 21, 2010

Barbque Pasta Sauce

Well, I missed blogging yesterday even though I was on the computer pretty much the whole time. I'm trying desperately to do the leg work for my Events Planning business over the next few weeks because as of March, I no longer have EI payments. So I spent the majority of yesterday contacting people, looking up pictures and ideas and making files for my business. I did however manage to make some yummy pasta sauce for dinner. I actually always keep jarred pasta sauce in my house because we use that to make my Uncle Doug's pasta sauce (my favorite in the whole wide world!) but I would much rather make sauce from scratch than eat straight up jarred sauce. So last night I decided to make one that my husband had liked the last time I made it. I call it my Barbque Pasta Sauce because the first time I made it I had pan-fried some steaks with a Clubhouse Cajun Paste Marinade and once the steaks were done I threw together a sauce in the same pan and I got all the flavor from the Cajun Marinade. Matt said it tasted like Barbque sauce and he loved it for that reason.
Tonight I'm making panko crusted chicken cutlets and I'm actually throwing together a pork roast for some friends who are going through some family stuff right now. But for now I'll just post this sauce. FYI, I never make my sauces the same way twice, but this is close to what I did this last time.

Barbque Pasta Sauce:
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 tbsp Clubhouse Cajun Marinade Paste
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp basil
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1 bay leaf

Cook the garlic in the oil over medium heat. Add in the Marinade and stir in. Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir and cook over medium low until hot. You may need to add more brown sugar.
I actually added the juices from a jar of stewed tomatoes that I had used to make my risotto style pasta earlier in the week. Really you can throw anything in and make it work.

Well, now to get back to work.

Mrs. Vander Leek ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think of my recipes, or even of my antics! Let me know!